What Is An Eye Emergency?
An eye emergency is any circumstance where your eyes or vision are at immediate risk.
- You develop sudden vision loss or visual disturbances, like blurred vision or flashes and floaters
- You are experiencing sudden and severe pain in your eyes
- You develop a sudden headache or dizziness
- Your eyes become seriously inflamed
- Sudden impact to the eye or head
- Allergic reactions
- Chemical exposure
- Abrasions, punctures
- Foreign bodies entering the eye
If you or someone you know is experiencing an eye emergency, do not hesitate to seek professional medical care.
Park Slope Eye is ready to help you with your eye emergency. We will also follow-up with recovery examinations, when necessary. You can reach us at (347) 560-8393, or come and see us at 682 Union Street near 5th Avenue.
If you are unsure if you are experiencing an eye emergency, call us for help with sorting out the severity of your situation. If we are not available, go to your nearest emergency room immediately.