Like most health issues, it’s essential to catch the warning signs of eye problems early. This prevents the issue from worsening and offers you the chance to get the necessary treatment. This is especially important when it comes to vision problems that involve children.
Let Park Slope Eye, your premier pediatric eye doctor in Brooklyn, NY, help you out with this handy checklist.
Take a closer look at your child’s behavior to determine if they have emerging visual problems. Here are some of the signs:
- One eye drifts or aims in a different direction than the other.
- Tilts or turns their head while reading or during other visual activities.
- Tilts their head constantly to the side or one shoulder is notably higher.
- Frequent squinting or blinking.
- Poor hand-eye coordination.
- Has issues judging distances while moving.
- Gets easily confused when in motion.
- Constantly loses things.
Park Eye Slope, your experts for dry eye treatment in Brooklyn, NY, suggests taking the time to further observe your child while reading or doing close work. You might spot these following indications:
- Holds the object or reading material too close.
- Becomes drowsy or gets tired easily.
- Reveals that words move on the page or run together.
- Favors one eye while reading.
- Constantly loses place in the page or skips lines.
- Reports instances of double vision
- Experiences headaches, nausea, or eyestrain
Comprehensive Solution to Pediatric Eye Problems
If you check off many items in this checklist, you should consider taking your child for a thorough visual examination from Park Eye Slope, your experts for vision therapy in Brooklyn, NY. We believe that good eye health begins at a young age. That’s why we offer a variety of pediatric eye care services that ensures a lifetime of clear eyesight for your child.
We make this possible through: infant and pediatric eye examinations; orthokeratology; vision therapy; and myopia control options. Additionally, we have pediatric eyeglasses and age-appropriate contact lenses that excel in comfort and efficiency. Our highly trained opticians have experience with fitting children. When you turn to us for your child’s eye care, we’ll help them live a life of healthy vision.
Call us today at (347) 380-7070 to schedule your appointment.