A lifetime of clear and healthy eyesight begins with a visit to your trusted, local eye specialist in Brooklyn, NY, Park Slope Eye. That is why, if you are experiencing problems with your vision, set an appointment with us to catch any eye condition and prevent it from worsening. To help you understand what to expect during your appointment, check out our answers to these six frequently asked questions:
1. What should I bring with me? You should take all your sunglasses, glasses, or contact lens boxes with you during the visit. Other essentials you should bring with you include driver’s license and any medical or vision insurance card you may have.
2. What are my benefits? This will depend on the details of your coverage. Please come to your appointment knowing these fine points and we will help you review the accepted medical and vision benefits you can qualify to. In addition, kindly verify them to avoid discrepancies, which might result in unexpected bills.
3. When do I get my contacts and glasses? We aim for worry-free service when you visit our eye care clinic in Brooklyn, NY. Contact lenses take up to three business days and glasses take one and a half weeks. We also have same or next day capabilities, which you can check into if you require a rush order.
4. Will I be dilated during the exam? It may not be necessary. We can offer a replacement to puff tests and dilation. In fact, we are one of the few that uses advanced ultra-widefield retinal imaging.
5. What vision plans do you accept? Park Slope Eye accepts both medical and vision plans. They include Aetna, First Health, Medicare, United Healthcare, Cigna, and BlueCross BlueShield for medical. For vision, we provide VSP, Eyemed, and UFT.
6. What happens if I cancel my appointment? If you need to change or cancel your visit, please give us at least a day’s notice to accommodate other waiting patients.
Park Slope Eye is the expert in eye care in Brooklyn, NY, that you can count on for your vision needs. With our high level of care and personalized services, we ensure that your visit remains a smooth and stress-free experience every time. Call us at (347) 380-7070 or fill out this form to schedule your appointment.